No worries … easy as pie to make at home, especially if you use Ireland’s favorite blue cheese, Cashel Blue from County Tipperary.
ICEBERG WEDGE WITH BLUE CHEESE-CHIVE DRESSING
For the dressing
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons chopped chives
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese, such as Cashel Blue, plus more for topping
- Small head iceberg lettuce, quartered
- 1/2 cup chopped cooked bacon
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion (optional)
- Fresh chopped chives, for topping
- In a medium bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, cream, sour cream, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, chives and pepper; stir in blue cheese. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour and up to 24 hours.
- Arrange iceberg quarter on serving plates and spoon dressing over. Top with additional cheese, bacon, tomatoes and onion (if using) and sprinkle chives on top.